At Citizens Advice Luton we have a team of debt specialists who are able to offer advice on personal debts.
They will look at income maximisation and budgeting as well as cover consequences of non-payment, action creditors can take and all available options for you to deal with the debts.
Our debt service is available:
Face to Face
Visit us in person:
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9am to 3pm (closed between 12pm and 1pm)
- Wednesdays and Fridays: 9am to 12pm
If possible, please bring any paperwork with you regarding your query.
Send us an email outlining your query and a phone number to contact you on and we will contact you.
Call our national debt helpline
If you want immediate advice and are ready with your information about income, expenditure and debts, you can contact the national debt helpline to speak to an adviser. (The person you speak to may not be based in the Luton office.)
England: 0800 240 4420
- The debt helpline is available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. It’s not available on public holidays.
- Calls are free from mobiles and landlines.
- If you can’t hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say. You can use Relay UK with an app or a textphone. There’s no extra charge to use it. Find out how to use Relay UK on the Relay UK website.
You can also talk to us online about a debt problem using chat – usually available between 8am and 7pm, Monday to Friday.